Frequently Asked Questions - endless pool
There's been a lot of interest in our Endless Pool training and also lots of questions. Many of those questions are repeated over and over. Funny how that goes! If I missed any good ones shoot me an email and let me know! (Please scroll down for contact info and more.)
- Is the pool still in the main store?
- Is it private?
- I tried to sign up for the Intro Package, and understood the signup directions, but I couldn't figure out how to pay. I see my name on the calendar but since I haven't paid I'm concerned that someone else may get my spot. Is that possible, and how do I pay?
- What if I can't make it or need to cancel?
- After the Intro Package is done, how do I add more sessions?
- Do I need to bring anything to my first session?
- Is there a place to get dressed and ready for work after swimming?
- I'm a total beginner, like I can't even really swim. Is this for me?
No. There is a brand new addition to the building and in it is a swim-dedicated new room, the Pool Room, with two Endless Pools.
Yes. You may be swimming in the room alone, or there may be someone in the other pool. There are curtains around each pool that will be mostly closed anyway, to prevent splash. You can close the curtain completely if you like, and have complete privacy.
No, that is not possible. I am the only one with access to that calendar (and therefore the only one who can make mistakes!). For now, until the online registration system is in place, you'll pay when you arrive for your first session. We're trusting each other to show up, not make mistakes and not waste time.
Just give me lots of notice and I won't be mad. If you're forced to cancel on the day of, please email me or call as soon as you know.
Ask me again when I see you or email me as before. It will be the same "sign up through me and pay when you arrive" deal as it is now. It will change eventually, I just don't know when.
Yes. Bring a towel(s), maybe a robe for after showering and walking through the chilly lobby and hallway to the pool room, swim cap, goggles, paddles if you have them. Also please bring any gear you have that you regularly use so I can check it out and see how you're using it.
Yes. There is a small shower room (unisex) with one shower stall and two large bathrooms (M&F, separate from shower). It's not the Ritz but they're decent-sized and clean.
Yes!! This is perfect for you! It's a low stress environment, it's private and safe. And--I love teaching beginners! It's my favorite group--plus aquaphobics--because you make such amazing progress and most people are so incredibly happy as they reach their goals. Yes, come, come! If you have a mask and snorkel please bring it. Don't be afraid to email me with questions...